Monday, September 26, 2011

"Hey there! How's life in vactionville?"
::One hour and 45 minutes later::
"Nice! Thank you"

...That's it. That's all. And this is following a full day of not hearing from him once. Granted I didn't try to contact him either. It's a game I routinely play with current love interests when contact tends to be limited - see who can hold out the longest. Too bad my opponent doesn't know he's playing, too bad I almost always end up losing regardless of the outcome :-/ There's something incredibly pathetic about one's mood being governed by the tell-tale beeps/vibrations of a mini message machine. You become a slave to your cell phone signal. Is it working? Can he get through? Did I miss a text coming in while I was texting someone else (quickly scan through the last 95 texts from your trusty friends who don't leave you hanging on a regular basis)? What if I accidentally deleted it (ha, yeaaa right)! And then when the text finally does come through...
"Nice! Thank you"
Read: Sllllaaaaaaaaaaap! I don't have any particularly positive feelings towards you. You are a commodity in my life. Please accept this role for what it is and leave me outside the realm of your foolish expectations.

Think it's safe to say it's a no-go? Think it's time to say goodbye? Wasting my time, am I. Oh yoda, I'm searching my feelings! Now where the hell is the force!

You can't miss what was never there. But damn do I miss what could've been.

Damn my anxieties, damn my second-guessing, damn my silent tongue.

Thank god for friends (P.s. Hi Gerry - yes you are the reason I'm writing on here today lol, I forgot about my blog for awhile but your email reminded me of it and it just seemed right to return and vent. Hope all is well with you!)

Meeting potential roommates tonight (err I don't want to live where they live so really I'm just going to meet them in hopes of striking up a friendship...that suddenly sounds incredibly pathetic).
Meeting another roommate possibility tomorrow (more of a chance for an actual roommating scenario with that one...maybe)
Choir Audition tonight (Won't get in, but at least it's something to do for a night. Kinda really want to get in though...)
Hopefully hanging out with Meg again this week. Thank dear baby Jesus for Meg.

K back to work I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment